1.9.7 Crashing

Same issue.

1. Game worked fine at first launch with 1.9.7 (Was browsing OQ for almost 30 min)
2. Got first freeze immediately after quitting first oq group. Then proceed having it every time logging in with 1.9.7 enabled (Fully loaded -> Game animations started -> 5-10 sec -> freeze)
3. Downgraded to 1.9.5 with fixed my game. Removed all OQ friends.
5. Reinstalled 1.9.7, so far game been stable
On my PC its looks like game freeze with WoW-64.exe fully taking one CPU core.

no, there won't be an older version available.

if there is a problem, being able to reproduce is the key to resolving it. as i don't have any of these problems, even on my 5 year old machine, then i need to work with someone that does in order to find out the issue.

as such...

1. disable all addons except oQueue. problem still exists?
  2. are you running the b.net client? if so, exit completely and run wow directly

let me know the results, thanks

@skullhustle

are you using the b.net client to launch your wow?

are you using the b.net client to launch your wow?

Yes. Right now my game stable but I can try add more OQ friends and try to reproduce.

if it freezes, exit and start wow without the b.net launcher. see if that makes a difference

I just ran the game without the bnet launcher, and after about 2 secs ingame, game freezes and i have to manually shut it down..

@XANTHiDE

to be clear, after you are logged in and seeing the game world (the loading bar completed). some questions:

1. did you have any other addons enabled?
  2. what are you machine specs? windows/mac? xp/vista/win7/win8?
  3. using icebox to install, did you close before running wow?

Ok I resolve the issue on my part. I had too many battlenet friends and that was causing these freezes. I delete some, turned off mesh auto-accept thing and it works fine as before.

Still its wierd that something like that makes so many problems.

@hasyly

how many b.net friends? if sending data to b.net friends is causing problems, then the issue lies w/ b.net and what happens as more data is sent over that pipe. i noticed the scorekeeper has had loads of problems this week as not all b.net messages are received.

I have 44 b-net friends, I tried the new update on both my laptop and desktop, even with oQueue as the only addon.

The game freeze after 3-5 seconds, having logged in to a character.

Never had problems with game crashes before, definitely a problem with oQueue itself.

Edit: I tried deleting some oQ-mesh friends, and it worked. I didn't have a lot of those, though, so I'm almost scared to click the find mesh button again.