Thing you will want to check are:
- Is windows running in 32 bit color mode?
- Are you using any color blind support options in WoW?
- Are you using the UI scale options under advanced graphical settings?
Also, you will want to check that the ocomms addon and the ocomms desktop application are both using the same hotkey.
- Yes, there is no other choice
- No (interface->accessibility)
- I was, but turned off. This makes the UI very small to me btw.
The oComms addon and oComms desktop application are using the same hotkey. Either I'm doing something wrong or it has to be something else. I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit fyi.
I also checked if starting WoW before or after oComms had any effect, but it didn't.
Colorblind mode off: http://i57.tinypic.com/6jk9pw.jpg
UI scale off: http://i62.tinypic.com/vbc61.jpg
oComms desktop application and addon with the same keybinding plus 32 bit color mode: