Site Suggestions

lol. Maybe that calls for a search field in the sidebar. I'm sure your not the only one missing it.

TBH I don't think it is very visible, instead of saying search there can't the search box just be there? I think most people when scanning for a search function aren't looking for the word "search" but just looking for the box that is standard to type information in.

AND OMG I SEE RED SQUIGGLIES!

I've added a "search widget" to the sidebar of most pages. It'll show when tiny pulls the updates.

AND OMG I SEE RED SQUIGGLIES!

:)

can you please add the current oQueue version somewhere in the site banner / header so that it shows on all pages please?

to make sure the displayed version is always the latest just use the same database call that pulls the version as the page https://solidice.com/downloads/world-of-warcraft/oqueue is doing and don't hard-code the version.

currently i have to periodically navigate to the download page and check if there's a newer version.

the karma thing might need a little tweaking, i searched my name and came up with:

Jeez, I wasn't even born then! rofl

P.S. this was supposed to be under bugs... I think this might be one of those days I just need to crawl back into bed...

Website Suggestion: can we get a link to battle.net for importing our characters as detailed in this blog post? would cut down on non playing time when we roll a new toon/rename a toon. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15336025/attention-web-developers-8-21-2014

Site suggestions:

The website logo (SolidICE) - maybe have some special font for it like frozen writing (along side the actual icebox logo).

http://goo.gl/NO96TL

Maybe even post a contest on the front page where the users can design the logo and the winner's logo gets used - that should be reward enough.

I was thinking the front page could be a bit more lively. Maybe a featured addon thing. Maybe a screenshot of the day? Look at how alive the Raffle page looks because of those images. One thing is for sure you should definitely put Icebox on there.

Forum Suggestions:

Just the standard forum stuff : when you go to someone's private page you can see all their posts, or the threads they started. A button to message a person when you view their profile. I see there's already a messaging system in place, but you have to type out that person's username to send them a message.

A "Reply with quote" button under every post.

The last thing I can think of is just a reiteration on highlighting Icebox somehow. I'm thinking frontpage or at least it's own section. (Home, Downloads etc Icebox)

Anyway, great work on the site so far Ron. And the search widget does wonders :)

@mjumnito

I have it on my list to move to the new oauth api , hopefully sooner than later I can get this in.

@Azuraos

Thanks Azuraos those are all things that I need to do and will work them into my schedule :).

the karma thing might need a little tweaking, i searched my name and came up with:

Jeez, I wasn't even born then! rofl

P.S. this was supposed to be under bugs... I think this might be one of those days I just need to crawl back into bed...

When you check your score it will now correctly update the last online date. Toons which are not claimed will not have their dates updated until I work something out for that.

A report post button (for obvious reasons)