How did you celebrate Pride?

Usually we have lots of events: parades, parties and get-togethers. But the pandemic changed everything. In 2020, many events were cancelled. Did any of you participate in virtual events or see anything interesting? I think it was important to maintain visibility and awareness of LGBTQI+ rights even in these difficult times. 

Yes, many events have been cancelled. In fact, it's important to maintain Pride even in the midst of a pandemic. TAIMI and other organisations organised virtual events https://medium.com/taimi/celebrating-pride-amid-turbulent-times-1f1382a2d338. Despite the cancellation of over 475 Pride events, many TAIMI users still wanted to keep the spirit of Pride alive digitally. They showed that for them Pride is not just a celebration but a fight for equal rights. It's really important that even in such difficult circumstances, people are finding ways to keep the movement going and fight for LGBTQI+ rights.

I agree, virtual events have really become a good alternative. I've participated in a few online events too and have seen how people actively support each other. Virtual Pride events allowed us to stay connected and continue to fight for rights even when physical presence was not possible. Plus, they helped many of us stay positive and inspired.