Moving with Kids in Calgary: How to Make It Smooth?

We’re planning a move to Calgary, and I’m already feeling overwhelmed. Not only do we have a house full of furniture, but we’ve got two little kids under 5. I’ve heard moving with kids can be a nightmare, and I want to avoid any unnecessary chaos. Does anyone have tips for making a move with kids easier? And any recommendations for a good moving company that’s patient and reliable? I’m more worried about keeping the kids entertained and making sure everything gets moved safely without too much stress.

Moving with kids is definitely a challenge, but there are ways to make it smoother. I went through this a few months ago when we relocated to Calgary with our three-year-old, and honestly, the key is planning ahead and finding a moving company that understands your situation. First off, pack a separate “kid essentials” box with everything you’ll need for the first few days—snacks, toys, clothes, and any favorite items that will keep them calm. That way, you won’t be scrambling through boxes while trying to keep them happy. As for movers, you’ll want to go with a company that’s not only professional but also has the patience for families. We used Space Movers and you can find their website at https://spacemovers.ca/ and they were fantastic. One thing that stood out was how understanding they were of our schedule. They worked quickly but carefully, which really helped us minimize disruption for our little one. Plus, their crew was super friendly and even offered to set up some of the heavier furniture right away, so we didn’t have to wait around with the kids. Trust me, it’s worth going with a company that knows how to handle the little details, like not leaving boxes in the way or making sure they don’t block off any rooms where the kids are hanging out. Space Movers made the process so much less stressful for us. Just make sure to book early, especially if you're moving in the summer.