with the hard reset 1.8.7a works fine

yeah, as the title says, 1.8.7a works fine (as far as i can tell so far)

but,

you have to remove all the files in the oqueue addon folder AND all the a oqueue saved variables files in the wtf folder (this is what hard reset means)

(for windows) sorry i duno about mac >...>
to easily remove all the saved variables files in the wtf folder:
first close wow
navigate to the wtf folder then search from the wtf by typing "oqueue" (without quotes) in the search bar on the top right of the window and hitting enter
then select and delete all the oqueue.lua and oqueue.lua.bak files (these are the files with the settings for the addon
strike that, found a bug:

when you hold the alt button on the character sheet, the items in the bags that could go in to a particular slot arent being shown. however, the slots for said items are there.

ex:
say you have 5 pairs of gloves in your bags, you open your character window, hold alt, then mouse over gloves, the popup window that displays the items for that slot in your bag will have 5 slots, but, nothing will be in them.
update: it works now but wasn't before, no idea why

if i were to guess, the frames are still there, but somewhere along the lines the frame strata or visibility gets screwed up. so far i haven't been able to replicate it. i say, guess the frames are still there, but, i didn't think to use framestack when the bug happened.

potential fix / preventative measure:
after the character sheet overlay is finished, iterate through all the "EquipmentFlyoutFrameButton" (s) and reset their strata