Problem with OQ v.1.8.7b

Hello guys,

I am not able to use it properly. Ive downloaded OQ 1.8.7b and extracted it in the correct direction.When I start playing I ve a black window with no functions at all. i can click the lower menue but nothing is happening. I hope I am not hurting some copyrights cos Im taking that picture from someone who had also some problems with this addon but in a different relation.

This is what happened when I start my client logging into my toon and pressing "/oq".

I have to mention that I am using this addon frist time. Thats why there re no "corrupted" files which could probably be overwritten and causing problems. It also shows me my actual version vx.xx which is seemingly an hint that the installation was not clean. But i can clarify again that everything is correctly installed.

Moreover I have following .lua errors when I log in with my toon

OQ error initializing
realmList: 80.190.XX.YYY ---->XX.YYY can be replaced by numbers but actually i was expecting that it would give me "eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com" back.
error:  Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua.23752 attempt to index field "SHORT_BGROUPS" ( a nil value )

Thats all. I want to mention that Im playing WoW on 64 bit version. Furhtermore I am using battlenet client to login and playing the game ( dont know if this software is standard which everyone is using ). I also tryed it by using wow.exe directly to see if there appear some difference but nothing happend.

I ve used some commands which ppl had provided here.
/reload ui
/oq harddrop
command to see my realmlist  shows me that IP which was spotted in the error message.

Nothing helped me actually. One thing i ve noticed is that i dont have any realmlist file with its command "set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com". I can remember that notepad file back in the time when i played on private servers, but actually its missing. Maybe its replaced by that battlenet software ive mentioned because when u open it and want to login, u can choose between EU,America and Asia. But thats only a presumtion cos actually i cant do anything to get it working.

The issue is most certainly your realm list. You need to get it set back properly to "eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com".

As for how to do this, I am not sure. I haven't known how to do it since they removed the realmlist file. Im guessing in a attempt to stop people from using private servers.

You will probably have to call customer servicer or tech support on how to fix your realm list.

ps. +1 for a well posted support thread though :).
Ok guys I solved that problem by myself. I ve written a ticket but it looks like I am going to get a response in about 16 hours =)

I ve searched something in the US forums and found one specific topic " Cant locate realmlist.wtf " . There was a saying that u can still do so. I just want to explain it for ppl with the same concern.
Go into World of Warcraft/WTF. Open Config file with notepad.
There s one line with with...
For me it was SET realmlist "88.190.XX.YYY"-----> change it to SET realmlist "eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com" .After saving and closing it, it started to work.
That change can only be done while NOT playing otherwise that set realmlist line isnt visible for u.

Thank you for sharing the fix Slaryn

There is no such parameter in my Config.wtf and all realm data within the various dependencies were fine. I too am running the 64-bit version and got similar LUA errors after installing this latest version. The only thing I did to fix it was to exit the game completely and unzip the file overwriting any existing files. When I restarted the game, my oQ button had returned and the addon is now working as designed.

Ok guys I solved that problem by myself. I ve written a ticket but it looks like I am going to get a response in about 16 hours =)

I ve searched something in the US forums and found one specific topic " Cant locate realmlist.wtf " . There was a saying that u can still do so. I just want to explain it for ppl with the same concern.
Go into World of Warcraft/WTF. Open Config file with notepad.
There s one line with with...
For me it was SET realmlist "88.190.XX.YYY"-----> change it to SET realmlist "eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com" .After saving and closing it, it started to work.
That change can only be done while NOT playing otherwise that set realmlist line isnt visible for u.

There is no such parameter in my Config.wtf and all realm data within the various dependencies were fine. I too am running the 64-bit version and got similar LUA errors after installing this latest version. The only thing I did to fix it was to exit the game completely and unzip the file overwriting any existing files. When I restarted the game, my oQ button had returned and the addon is now working as designed.