Premium Membership

In the continued goals of offering a better user experience, we are toying with the idea of a "Premium Membership".

With a premium membership users would obtain enhanced functionality on both the site, and other software such as the icebox downloader.

We have some ideas about what kind of functionality we'd like to offer with this membership, but we'd also like to hear what you'd like to get with a premium membership.

In generaal we'd like to offer capabilities that enchance your experience from the get go, rather than reduce your experience to encourage you to upgrade, like some other popular sites do.

So the question is, what kinds of enhanced funcitonalities would you like to see with a premium membership?

Maybe premium members could turn in twice as many raffle tickets?

I dislike the idea

I dislike the idea

The idea of the premium membership in general, or the idea of allowing more tickets?

I thought about that too jen, but I wouldn't want to discourage other users who don't go premium from participating in the raffles.

I thought about that too jen, but I wouldn't want to discourage other users who don't go premium from participating in the raffles.

As someone who would not upgrade to premium because I'm currently not working (and can't afford extra costs) I can honestly say you get what you paid for... or didn't pay for. Already being entered in a raffle for doing something you were already going to do (play wow) and the chance to get something free should be enough. I don't know how anyone could logically argue that someone who pays a monthly fee (for example) which is basically donating monthly to the site shouldn't get to submit more tickets as an extra perk. They are helping to support the site so why shouldn't they get something out of it? If not, that would apply to ANY perks. People are going to hate regardless. No matter what you do they will find a reason why either 1) they should also get the perk or 2) if they can't have it no one can. Sadly enough we live in a society that entitlement is becoming more the norm...

And the idea isn't that it might discourage others who don't go premium, but to encourage those to do so.

And the idea isn't that it might discourage others who don't go premium, but to encourage those to do so.

Tis a good point. If we do a premium membership we'll probably try and work something in with the raffles.

Maybe "Premium Raffles" where only premium members can enter. We'd still run public raffles everyone could get into, but these premium raffles would have the most epic of prizes.

Maybe "Premium Raffles" where only premium members can enter. We'd still run public raffles everyone could get into, but these premium raffles would have the most epic of prizes.

I think this could be considered more offensive than the other idea. It seems more exclusionist in a way, the other more tiered. I would suggest if you do this to make the raffle not visible to those who do not have a membership if you want to consider, ahem, feelings. lol

Hi, long term user here since before MoP really.

Premium ideas:

you could add custom icons for premium members to choose from so that when they make a group you can see it when you mouse over the group such as what you see now but more ? or new color bars similar to the karma but better really.

also perhaps some added functionality as well? such as chat box for premium members? so if i am premium i can speak /w another to ask him his spec, experience etc.>? or just have it so premium members can Join a group queue and automatically have their bnet friend id exchanged and accepted so they can talk to the leader / potential candidate to facilitate communication.

i've a few more too but i have to run.

keep up the good work

Hey sulu, thanks for the ideas.

Unforunately, the added functionality would only be for the website, as its against the WoW addon policy to have premium memberships which enhance an addons functionality. Plus, everyone would just share the "premium" addon with eachother. We'd have no way to prevent people from "pirating" the premium version.